Defining a gear for manufacturing requirement necessitates some engineering knowledge and manufacturing expertise. Backed by years of experience in the gear manufacturing industry, Ronson Gears manufactures gears to our customer’s design specifications.
A typical gear manufacturing requirement should include information covering the following aspects:-
- Defining the type of gear
- The correct pitch (Module or Diametral Pitch)
- The correct pressure angle
- Number of teeth
- All dimensions, including tolerances
- Pitch diameter (this is important as the gear tooth may be corrected)
- Outside diameter
- Details of mating gear
- Heat treatment specifications
- If a bevel gear, mounting distances and pitch cone angles are required
- If a helical gear, a helix angle is required and the hand must be noted
The more information provided the more accurate the gear quality and results.
Cheers to gears!