Leading edge capability and quality
We offer extensive CNC gear cutting capability. From 5mm to 900mm diameter, our quality, cost-effective gear cutting is renowned worldwide.
Our machinery is truly cutting edge. Our 6 and 8-axis CNC machines with auto-load option position us at the forefront of gear cutting in Australia and around the world. Ideal for all batch sizes, from one-offs to the largest OEM volumes, pieces can be loaded manually or via flexible automated systems.
The latest gear hobbing techniques ensure accuracy and consistency over large batch quantities. Further benefits include quieter gearing, lower costs and shorter lead times.
Ronson gear hobbing capabilities include:
- Hobbing of spur gears and helical gears
- Cutting of worm and worm gears
- Special profiles, worms or splines using single index milling
- Crowning and taper gears
- Hobbing of work pieces with different numbers of teeth, helix angles and pitches in one clamping, utilising multiple cutters
- Timing of teeth of two or more gears on a single component
- Automatic timing or orientation of gears to a specific position or for rework and skiving
CNC Internal Gear Shaping
Our Fellows FS630-200 CNC Internal Gear Shaper brings CNC internal gear cutting to Australia for the first time. This machine can cut internal gears up to 650mm in diameter and 200mm face width. It features a hydrostroke, hydromechanical stroking system, a CNC system for gear processing, and adaptive controls which continuously optimise key machine functions. This provides dramatic increases in productivity (up to 100%), tool life (up to 250%) and quality compared to conventional crank-driven gear shapers.